World Voice Day
On April 16th the world annually celebrates Voice Day. Learn how it was established, why it’s important and how you can take part in it.
World Voice Day is dedicated to the celebration of the phenomenon of voice. It’s studied and used in a variety of disciplines, from music and art to phonetics, physics, psychology, biology and medicine. The global annual event is held to recognize the boundless limits and the enormous importance of the human voice.
Voice is the conduit of human experience. With its help, we express a wide range of emotions and communicate in our own unique ways. Just by voice alone, we can determine the mood, attitude to the topic of conversation and the interlocutor, age, gender, and other characteristics of the speaker.
All of us use voice as a tool for sharing and receiving information on a daily basis. Many people take voice for granted and abuse it by smoking, drinking, shouting and using poor speaking techniques. As a result, significant problems are likely to occur. The need to raise global awareness to the voice problems and their prevention is another key reason why World Voice Day was established.
The History of World Voice Day
The event initially started in 1999 as Brazil National Voice Day. It found its beginning thanks to an initiative of physicians, speech-language pathologists and singing teachers from the association of Brazilian Society of Laryngology and Voice. The celebration soon began to spread to Argentina and Portugal, turning Brazil Voice Day into International Voice Day.
In 2002, the American Academy of Otolaryngology officially recognized the event, and it obtained the World Voice Day name. In the next 20 years, over 50 countries followed the initiative to commemorate World Voice Day every year on April 16th.
How to Celebrate World Voice Day
- Learn good voice techniques. There are tons of tips online on how to improve the health and sonic quality of voice, be it for singing, public speaking or just talking. Find exercises and recommendations that fit your goal best and start practicing on a regular basis. Everyone has the power to develop their voice!
- Share the World Voice Day information with others. The point of this holiday is to bring awareness to the importance of voice and the prevention of voice-related problems. This event is a perfect opportunity to ensure your loved ones know how to look after their voice and minimize the voice-harming habits. Sharing is caring, so spread all voice- and vocal-related information on social media using the hashtag #WorldVoiceDay.
- Enjoy all things voice. Sing, talk, listen to your favorite vocalists and speakers – today is the day to do all of it! World Voice Day is also a great opportunity to get your hands on vocal parts from the songs you love and clean up voice recordings from background music and noise. More on that below.
How to Extract Vocals and Cancel Noise in Voice Recordings
Phoenix, LALAL.AI’s in-house developed stem splitting technology, is capable of separating vocal parts and voice with extreme precision. With its help, you can remove background music, cancel noise and other unwanted sounds online in a matter of few clicks.
1) Open LALAL.AI in your browser.
2) Click the Select File button to upload your track.
3) Wait a few seconds while the service generates stem previews.
4) Play the stem previews – one containing the vocal/voice track, the other with the rest of the sounds.
5) Sign up and click Process the Entire File if you like what you hear.
If you don’t, upload another version of the track or try another file.
6) Click the download icon (⤓) next to the stems to download them to your device.
That’s it! The extracted stems will be saved in the same format and quality as the track you’ve uploaded. The download links will also be sent to the email you’ve signed up with.
Happy World Voice Day!
Follow LALAL.AI on Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Reddit.