This year we trained and released Phoenix, the neural network that proved to be a milestone in audio source separation. Initially, it had only handled vocal/instrumental splitting but we’ve been working on expanding its possibilities.
In April Phoenix started to support the isolation of drums and now it can also extract and remove bass tracks from songs and videos with impeccable accuracy!
Bass stem splitting is not new for LALAL.AI – the feature has been available since last year. However, now it provides significantly better results as it’s performed using a more complex and sophisticated neural network.
Here is what makes bass splitting with Phoenix superior to that of our previous network:
🟡 Higher precision. Phoenix observes more data – it can quickly recognize all instruments and their different characteristics. As a result, it detects bass sounds with greater accuracy.
🟡 Cleaner sound. Due to the improved architecture and processing techniques, with Phoenix, you get bass tracks in nearly studio-quality. Fewer weird sounds, less background noise, more clear and juicy bass sound.
🟡 Faster processing. Good results may be worth the wait time but we want to combine the useful with the pleasing. Phoenix gets bass stem extracted in higher quality AND twice as fast as before!
How to Isolate Bass with Phoenix
- Open LALAL.AI in your browser.
- Click the Vocal and Instrumental button to open the full Stem Separation Types list.
- Select Bass in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Select Files button to upload an audio or video track.
- Wait a few seconds while LALAL.AI generates stem previews.
- Play the stem previews. One of them contains the bass stem, and the other one has the rest of the music.
- Sign up and click Process the Entire File if you like what you hear. If you don’t, upload another version of the track or try another file.
- Click the download icon (⤓) next to the stems to download them to your device.
That’s it! Now you can use the bass and bassless stems to create bass cover songs, practice playing your favorite music pieces, sample bass for your mixes, and utilize them in other creative projects.